TESTING NEW DRUGSTORE MAKEUP! (VIDEO INCLUDED)

As a makeup enthusiast, I certainly enjoy trying anything new (no matter the price point). Drugstore holds a special place in my heart, because I've been on a student budget for a while now. With that being said, majority of my collection consists of drugstore makeup. And whether I buy things with my own money or I get them sent, my heart is happy either way. ❤

This month's PR was very generous and I cannot thank these brands enough for believing in me and supporting my passion! This month, we have new goodies from Rimmel, Miss Sporty and Barry M. So let's try them together!


PRODUCTS:
(If you'd rather watch the video, scroll down)

1. RIMMEL - Lasting Finish Primer ✔


  • feels like a moisturizer
  • held foundation very well throughout the day
  • does not feel silicon-y
  • water-based (suitable for all skin types in my opinion)
  • smoothed out texture




2. MISS SPORTY - Perfect to Last Foundation ✔

  • hydrating/dewy finish
  • more suitable for combination/dry skin type (however my oily skin T-zone likes it just fine with powder on top)
  • longlasting
  • medium coverage






3. BARRY M - All Night Long Concealer ✔

  • medium to full coverage
  • liquid consistency (very comfortable on the skin)
  • mattifying (dries down to a matte finish)







4. BARRY M - Take a Brow Eyebrow Gel ❌

  • doesn't hold brow hair up AT ALL
  • gives a nice definition to the hair
If you like the look of laminated (brushed up) brow hair, this will not do that for you. However, if you are blessed with full brows and want definition only, this will definitely work for you.






5. BARRY M - Flawless Chisel Cheeks Contour Creams ✔

  • blends out well
  • medium pigmentation (so it's not that easy to mess up or end up looking muddy)
  • not too oily so there is no need to set it with powder if you don't wish to
  • creates a very natural look (everyday user friendly)




6. BARRY M - Wildlife Pangolin Palette ✔

  • GREAT CAUSE AND PURPOSE are a huge plus for me
  • high kick-back (powder-y finish) is the only negative for me but I can live with that
  • light to middle pigmentation (buildable)
  • 3 matte shades (middle row (from left to right), other 6 are shimmers... I would love to see more mattes but that's just my preferance
I want to briefly talk about the meaning of these WILDLIFE products of theirs.

"At least 20% of the net profits from the sale of an item from this collection will be donated to David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation."

This particular item talks about pangolins and them being the world's most trafficked mammal. These babies are hunted for meat and their scales and over 300 of them are taken EVERY DAY.

Here is a link if you wish to read more about the cause and also the purple of the other WILDLIFE ITEMS:

This breaks my heart and when you look at the shade names, I'm sure it will make you think twice about human behavior.

7. RIMMEL - Glam'eyes  Eyeliner ✔

  • matte finish
  • thin brush tip
  • easy to work with
  • super pigmented, not streaky
  • one of the best eyeliner's I've tried





8. RIMMEL - Natural Bronzer ✔

  • their OG bronzer in a new packaging
  • still one of my favourite Rimmel products
  • smells like sunscreen which reminds me of a vacation 
  • middle pigmentation so it's very easy to use (buildable)
  • matte finish






9. CATRICE - Blush Box (nude peach) ✔

  • very natural shade
  • middle pigmentation so it's easy to work with (buildable)
  • waterproof







10. RIMMEL - High'light (stardust) ✔

  • super blinding effect
  • almost a creamy consistency (best applied with finger or a dense brush)
This blew my mind when I swatched it on my IG stories... I inserted the swatches into the Youtube video (see below) so if you are curious, watch it and let me know what you think! 




WATCH THE VIDEO:


I highly recommend trying the highlighter and the eyeliner, those two surprised me the most out of all the products which I tried. I am so pleased that everything worked very well. The only thing I was skeptical about was the brow gel, but I still use it on daily bases when I'm going for a natural brow look.

Let me know what you think about the products in the comments here or under the Youtube video.

Comments

Popular Posts