DIY 3 INGREDIENT GREEN TEA FACE SCRUB

Hi loves, I'm back! I don't even dare to say how long it's been but I decided to post a bit more frequently from now on. I'm still active on my Instagram (@bonn_greene), I just get caught up in school stuff. Sorry.

Anyway, today I have a little treat for you. I was feeling a bit down this morning, not sure why. In times like this one, what usually helps me is either staying in bed and having a day off or having a little SPA session. Staying in bed was not an option for today, as I needed to get things done. Thus I decided to treat my skin with some skincare.

Realising that I ran out of my usual face scrub was not a problem for me. I went to my kitchen and brainstormed some ideas for a new one. I don't know about you but my skincare, as well as my makeup, depends on my mood. (It might be just me, haha!) 

So I created this simple 3 ingredient face scrub that you will LOVE!

You will need:

- white granulated sugar
- green tea
- coconut oil


Measurements:

9 tsp of white granulated sugar

You can use brown sugar as well, but the scrub won't have a clear white colour anymore.


2 bags of green tea

You can experiment with various kinds of herb tea. :)


2 tsp of coconut oil

You can try using other oils as well (olive or argan oil), but again, it will most likely give the scrub a green-ish colour.


Mix all things together in a bowl.

 
The consistency should look like this: grainy but not too oily


I used an old container from my loreal kiwi face scrub, which I cleaned precisely beforehand.


TIP: If you want to use this as a body scrub, simply multiply the ingredients.

I highly recommend making your own scrubs with coconut, or any other kind of natural oil, as it also deeply moisturises the skin. I find myself not having to reach for moisturiser as much when using my own scrubs.

Don't forget that scrubbing should not be done daily. You should scrub about 3 to 4 times a week. It does remove dead skin, however irritating your skin daily is also not a good idea.

Bonnie. xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts