How To: Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls

Tasting new meals is one of my favourite things in the world. It is a huge part of travelling, although nowadays it is much easier to try meals of other cultures. No need to even leave your country -- you can simply make them at home. 

Couple weeks ago I decided to try spring rolls, because I heard they are very popular amongst Vietnamese people. I have never been introduced to sea food by my family (except of some kinds of fish), so I had to do it myself. And I do not regret it at all! I'm not sure about other countries but here in Slovakia sea food is quite expensive. Mainly because we literally sit in the middle of the Europe, haha!


Spring rolls are usually fried. Those are delicious too. However these are very different, amazing though, and healthy as well.

Best thing about these? You can fill them with ANYTHING you want.

Ingredients:

1. Rice paper

2. Warm water in a bowl

3. Fresh veggies :)

4. Rice/noodles (optional)
I prefer rice, I feel like it goes better with the sea food and vegetables. However, many people prefer ramen noodles and some even prefer straight up vegetables.

5. Shrimp (optional)
Shrimp is very popular in fresh spring rolls. I myself love it very much, but you can add any kind of sea food you love. Or leave this part out at all.

6. Nori (optional)
Fried sea weed is also quite popular. I am a huge lover of sushi so I always add it to my spring rolls as well.

I also added some beans roasted on butter with a gyros seasoning. Totally random but I LOVE the taste of it in any kind of wraps (including spring rolls). If you are a vegan or vegetarian, beans are perfect to supplement meat because they make you feel full.


One thing which I've been loving lately is chopped cabbage with chunky burger sauce. I mean common, again, totally random but I tried it in a burger once and I cannot stop eating it ever since. Haha! It gives the spring rolls some juiciness and a great flavour as well.




Dip the rice paper into water and let it soak for about 30 seconds until it becomes a bit thinner.

Place it onto your kitchen counter and assemble your roll.

 Fold in the sides first and simply roll it. :) It comes with practise I promise.



 Serve with sweet chili sauce or any kind of sauce you like.

If you decide to recreate these, feel free to send me your photos. I would be so happy to see them. *-*

Love,
Bonnie.xoxo



Comments

Popular Posts