How To: White Wine & Asparagus Risotto

Living alone brings many duties such as cooking. To be completely honest it is more like a hobby rather than a duty to me, but once you are forced to cook every day it is not easy to stay creative. For the past couple of days I have been having chicken in various ways because I love chicken and it is not difficult to prepare.

Today I wanted something different. An old recipe. that my grandma learnt me, came to my mind. Risotto with asparagus and white wine. Soooo yummy! I remember us having lunch in a restaurant out of town. I ordered this dish and it was so good that we recreated it at home later and it tasted absolutely the same! So here I am sharing this easy and yummy lunch/dinner idea with you...

Ingredients:

4tbsp of vegetable/sunflower oil
3 small onions (chopped)
Some Asparagus (also chopped)
I bought a canned one, but you can use cooked on as well.
Some rice (I used about 1/3 of a big pot)
80g of Parmesan Cheese
1 liter of Chicken Stock
2 wine glasses of white wine

How To:

1. Put the oil into a big pot and let it heat up. Add the onion and fry it until slightly golden.


2. Add the rice and fry for about 2 minutes.


3. Add the first glass of wine, stir and let it absorb the liquid.


This is how it looks when it is ready:


4. Add another glass of wine and let it absorb it again.

5. Start adding the chicken stock, ladle after ladle letting it absorb in between each ladle.
It is important to cook it on a low fire because you don't want the rice to burn on the bottom.

6. Once the rice is done it will probably look like this: not too liquid but not too dry either


7. Now it is time to add the asparagus.


8. And the Parmesan as well.


I have always thought risottos are so difficult because it has to have a specific texture. It cannot be too dry, but it shouldn't be too liquid as well. The best way to test it is to put some on a plate and if it slowly runs down and stays in one shape -- it is ready.

I also cannot tell you how long you should cook it. It is a slow process, mine took about half an hour. Once you added all the stock, taste it and it should be soft enough.

Important thing to say is that you don't have to add salt at all. If you buy chicken stock in a store it is usually salty enough and the cheese itself is quite salty too. Make sure you taste as you go, that is the best advice I can give you.

You can serve it with some spinach or chopped asparagus. Don't forget to sprinkle some Parmesan on top.



If you don't like alcohol, you can totally leave the wine out, it is still going to be absolutely delicious!

Love,
Bonnie.xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts