How To: Poppy Seeds Cake

Few days ago I was craving something sweet so I decided to browse through some family recipes. I saw this recipe and instantly knew it was exactly what I was looking for.

I have loved this cake since I was a little kid, my mom used to cook it very often, we both absolutely LOVE it! And so it was only right to go back in memories and prepare this delicious cake.


Ingredients:

2 cups of granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 cup of oil
1 cup of milk
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of whole poppy seeds
12g of baking powder

How To:

1. Prepare a big bowl and add the sugar in there.
2. In a smaller bowl briefly mix 3 eggs.
3. Add the egg mixture into the sugar and mix it.
4. Add the oil and milk, mix again.
5. Add the flour and mix, making sure everything is combined together.
6. Add the poppy seeds and baking powder.
7. Prepare a deep baking sheet (the cake will rise in the oven), cover it with oil and flour so the cake doesn't stick to it.
8. Pour the cake batter into the baking sheet and bake on 200°C  for 20 minutes.

The best way to check whether your cake is done or not is by sticking a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean -- your cake is done!

Here's the recipe in a video form as well:




Love,
Bonnie. xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts