How To: Lemon & Orange Drizzle Cake

Hi everybody! I have another How To post here. I am happy to share this recipe with you, because the cake tasted so amazing. The recipe was originally supposed to be a Youtube video, however something has gone wrong with the files. For some reason I wasn't able to export it right and after 8 times, which took days, I gave up... 

Let's get back to the main topic, which is the drizzle cake. I don't have a lot of experience when it comes to baking, therefore I consider myself a beginner. I have seen many recipes, but this is the easiest one so far! Want to know why? All you have to do is mix all the ingredients together. :)

I found the recipe on Jamie Oliver's website.



Ingredients:

170g selfraising flour
170g granulated sugar
170g butter
1 tsp baking powder
1 lemon
1 orange

For the drizzle:

110g icing sugar
juice from the lemon and orange

How To:

1. Zest the lemon and orange.
2.Mix the zest with the flour, granulated sugar, butter and baking powder in a food processor.
3. Once the mixture is ready, pour it into a baking tin (I used one for bread).
4. Bake the cake for 30 minutes on 180 degrees Celsius.

To make the drizzle just mix the icing sugar with juice from the zested lemon and orange.

After the cake is done, let it cool down completely.
Then poke it with knife. (This is because you want the drizzle to go inside the cake)

Pour the drizzle over the cake and let it sink in.


In my opinion this recipe is great for birthday cakes as well. It is not sour, nor too sweet. Me and my family absolutely loved it!

Thank you for reading.
Love,
Bonnie.xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts