How To: Chocolate Chip Orange Muffins

In my opinion, muffins are brilliant, because you can make them any flavour you want, sweet or savoury, they are still going to taste amazing! I was invited to a friend's birthday party, so I decided to bring something with me.

I decided to bake a couple of these bad boys. I must admit that the recipe was relatively new for me, therefore I was a bit scared. However the muffins tasted amazing!


Unlike many cupcakes that I have tried before, these are no as sweet, which I liked. I'm not sure why but I don't like when desserts or cakes are too sweet. I prefer something more fresh. I would say this it both sweet and fresh, which is good for most people I guess.

Ingredients:

280g plain flour
80g candied orange/lemon
2 + 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
100g granulated sugar
80ml oil
100ml orange juice
200g yogurt
70g chocolate chips/chopped chocolate
some orange slices for decoration


How To:

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.

2. Prepare your baking sheet.
3. Put the flour into a large bowl.
4. Mix in the baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt and candied fruit.
5. Lightly whisk the egg in another bowl.
6. Add the sugar, oil, orange juice and yogurt.
(The original recipe called for a sour milk, however I couldn't find that in a shop anywhere near my house, so I used unsweetened yogurt and it worked perfectly fine.)

Don't forget to mix it well. :)
7. Mix the dry and the wet mixture.
8. Add the chocolate chips. Again, I couldn't find any at my local shops, but chopped chocolate works perfectly fine as well.
9. Put the dough into the baking sheet. (1 tbsp per each muffin)
10. Put a small slice of orange on top.
This is optional, but it is going to add a nice taste to it.

Bake them for 25 minutes until they are slightly golden on top.



This is how they turned out, I was so happy, because they tasted amazing! Definitely give these a try, you will love them I can guarantee that! Summer break is almost here, which means more free time so look forward for many blog posts and youtube videos! :)

If there's anything you'd like to see, tell me in the comments. 
Love,
Bonnie.xoxo



Comments

Popular Posts