How To: Salami Pancake Rolls

I promised myself to get back to the 'old me' and spend as much time in kitchen as possible as that's something I've always loved doing. It sounds so lame, but cooking relaxes me and also makes me happy.

This time I went for something super simple. I'm also a bit ashamed to admit that I've never actually cooked pancakes before. It's a bit weird as it's literally my favourite food and it's so flippin' simple to make. My best friend, Kris, gave me a book few years ago. The whooole book is about pancakes -- all the flavours and ingredients you can think of so I took it out of the shelf and decided to give some recipe a try.



And when I say trust me, you can do this, you really should trust me, ha-ha!

Ingredients:

1/3 cup of water
3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1 + 1/4 cup of plain flour
pinch of salt
1 mug of milk
1 big egg
2 tbsp olive oil
sunflower oil to grease the pan with

For the filling:

100g cream cheese
3 tbsp mayonnaise
225g finely chopped salami

How to:

1. Mix the water with the parsley in a processor.


2. Into a separate bowl, sift the flour and salt.

3. Add milk, egg, olive oil and mixed parley and mix until you get a bubbly mixture. (It takes max. 2 minutes)


4. Grease the pan with few drops of oil and heat over a medium heat.

5. Pour 1 scoop of the mixture in there. It should spread itself as had a watery consistency.

6. Cook until small bubbles will form on top or just check every now and then. It should be done when it's slightly golden. Then you can flip it and cook on the other side.

7. Once all your pancakes are made, it's time for the filling. Mix the cream cheese with the mayonnaise and cover each pancake with it.


8. Sprinkle the salami on top and roll each one of the pancakes.


9. Now cut them with a sharp knife (approx. 2cm). You can serve them on wooden sticks.



Bare in mind this should be eaten as a snack as it's quite 'heavy' and you'll feel full after eating only a little amount. So this is something perfect for parties, picnics or as a snack itself.

I also didn't add any food colouring, the parsley with water made the mixture super green, ha-ha!

Thanks for reading.
Love,
Bonnie.xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts