Back To School Makeup Tutorial | Video

Back to school means a new chapter. It means a new beginning and also a new chance to improve yourself. At least that's how I've always seen this season. Blank page, ready for a new story.

I mean c'mon, it's always a little more fun to see things in good light. I'm a complete freak when it comes to planning anything. From parties to everyday meals, I will plan everything. I suppose it's because of my anxiety. I try and do everything, just so I don't end up having to hurry up, because that for me is the worst! That's also the reason why I filmed this video. Next week, I'm heading back to school! Yaaaaaay....or....uugghh..

I could talk on and on about all the good and bad things about school in general, how to survive and make the most of it... however let's just focus on the beauty part as that's the point of this post. Ha-ha!




  • Before you apply any foundation, use a moisturizer or primer. This helps the foundation to blend easier and also to stay on longer.
  • Apply small dots of foundation, focusing on the centre of your face, blending out.
  • Cover any redness or imperfections with concealer, if it's a part of your makeup routine. I suggest you to use your middle finger as it's the mildest one you have so you have full control over what you're doing.
  • Set your base with powder using a powder brush. I recommend using a brush over a sponge. This way you won't end up looking cakey.
  • When it comes to your eyebrows, just lightly fill them in. You don't need to change their shape or draw them on.


  • I also recommend skipping blush or bronzer as it's not that easy to make them look natural unless you're really good at it.
  • Cover your lid with a nude base colour. It's best to use matte shades, they tend to look way more natural.

  • Apply a slightly darker brown eyeshadow into the crease using a flat brush. Go all over your crease almost into the inner corner and then back to your outer corner. So you're basically overdrawing your whole lid. Blend everything and repeat the same step.

  • Using brown pencil liner or dark brown eyeshadow, draw a very thin line as close to your lashes as possible.
  • If you want to make your eyes look bigger, don't stop at the end of your eye, draw the line a little longer.
  • Blend it out with a small brush so it almost blends with your lashes, once your eyes are done.

  • Take the same pencil or eyeshadow and create small dots along your water line. Don't go inside though, that would have the opposite effect. Blend them out with a small brush.

  • Curl your lashes, if that's what you normally do and apply some mascara. I recommend going as close to your lashes as possible so they look their fullest.
  • For the lips I would use a clear lip gloss or slightly pink lip balm.





Of course, here's the tutorial in a video form for those who want to see it.


Good luck if you're going back to school like I am. Enjoy your school year as much as you can and don't forget to have fun.

Love,
Bonnie.xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts