How to: Mini Burgers & Chocolate Pretzels

Hello!

Cooking is one of my most favourite things to do in my free time. I've always loved spending time in kitchen, whether it was with my grandma back in the day we used to live with her, or with my mom. It's one of those things I find helpful when trying to get out of reality or simply to just relax.


I have to admit, I prefer savoury treats to sweets, but I do crave them from time to time. I filmed a video recently, showing how to prepare these cute little chocolate covered pretzels and mini burgers, but it never went up. Instead of spending hours of editing, I thought I'd do some screenshots and show you in photos.


Chocolate Coated Pretzels



1. You will need: pretzels, baking paper and chocolate of your choice.

2. Start off by melting your chocolate in a bowl placed over boiling water or in a microwave for short amounts of time and stir inbetween.

3. Put the pretzels into the chocolate.


4. Make sure they're covered perfectly.


5. Put them on a baking sheet, so they're not touching and let them sit over night in the  fridge.


6. Once you take them out they should look something like this:


7. After than just put them on a cooking grid. This step is optional, but I just thought they'd look nicer decorated. I recommend the grid instead of a baking sheet or a plate, so that the chocolate can drip down and they don't stick to the surface.


8. Now they're ready to be decorated. I just dripped some white chocolate on top using a regular spoon. Don't forget to let them cool down.



Mini Sponge Burgers



1. You will need: Sponges, bananas, chocolate of your choice and toothpicks.


2. Firstly cut the bananas into circles. The thickness depends on how big you want your burgers to be.


3. Create the burgers by putting a slice of banana inbetween two sponges. Make sure the banana's touching the flat side, otherwise it won't work. Join them with a toothpick so they don't go apart when you'll cover them with chocolate.


4. Cover them in chocolate, the best way to do so is by helping yourself with a spoon and just turning the burgers around.


5. Once they're done, put them on a baking paper on top of a baking sheet.


6. You can let them sit in the fridge over night and then decorate them with white chocolate just like with the pretzels or sprinkle some sprinkles on top whilst the chocolate is still melted.


My mom doesn't like the sprinkles so that's why they're not all covered, ha-ha!


These are just two quick yummy snack ideas -- not so healthy, but good from time to time. 

Let me know if you give them a try.

Love,
Bonnie.xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts