AUTUMN MAKEUP ESSENTIALS | 2018


Hi loves! Autumn is just around the corner so I thought it's just about time to get ready for this magical season. Today I want to focus on makeup (surprise, surprise, haha). I went through my collection and picked out some pieces that I intend on using on a daily bases. 

Grab a coffee or tea, get into the cosy spirit and let's begin. :)


NYX - Matte Finish Setting Spray

Setting spray is a HUGE deal throughout the rainy season, if you want your makeup to stay on for the whole day. This one is my favourite at the moment.


Miss Sporty - Insta Glow Blusher in 002

One of my favourite blushes from the drugstore. Not too pigmented and looks very natural on the skin.

NYX - HDB10 Double Dare

If I were to pick a favourite blush, it's most likely this one. Orange tones are my favourite when it comes to blushes, I just feel like the bright pink ones can look a bit too fake sometimes. Be careful about the pigmentation of this one though.




Makeup Revolution - Reloaded Iconic Division Palette
I'm starting off with my favourite eyeshadow palette for this season, why not? As much as I enjoy super warm tones, which this palette includes as well, it's nice to have something else too. When I saw this in Bristol I had to grab it. Army green is my favourite colour and as you can see this palette offers that too. I just think there are countless looks you can create with this palette, day or night.



In terms of the swatches, the matte shadows are of a great quality. However, I'm not too sure about the two shimmers. Of course for a common user it might not be an issue. In my case, I have used much better shimmers.

NYX - Multi Finish Shadow Palette in Warm Rust

I've heard that this palette is a dupe for the Naked Heat Palette, which I never got my hands on because it's always sold out. I love the idea of these multi finish palettes. There are not that many looks you can create with this, then again for a common consumer they are perfectly enough, which is what matters the most. 

This palette is currently sold out on the NYX website, but I'm sure you can find it elsewhere. :)



In terms of quality, it's clearly not high end but they are definitely one of the best shadows from the drugstore.




MAC - Mischief Minx

Moving on to MAC, I must admit from a marketing point of view, these personality palettes are genius! This one is full of warm tones, which is perfect for this season.



Without a doubt these are one of the best eyeshadows I own. It wouldn't be fair to compare these to drugstore shadows. Do I feel like they are a necessity? Absolutely not. There are not that many looks you can create with this palette so if you are looking for that there are many more palettes for much less. However, if you are a makeup junkie like me, I definitely recommend. ;)



Obsession Makeup London - Warm Up Palette
I grabbed this palette mainly because of the red-ish shadow (Power), which didn't let me down. The matte shades are great, the shimmers too. However the shade Noise is pressed glitter and for that you definitely need some kind of glitter glue otherwise it's not going to stick to your lids.



Other than that the shades are good. If you don't mind a bit of fall out, I definitely recommend!


To the lipstick kingdom we go!

Maybelline - Superstay Matte Ink in 50 (left)
Maybelline - Superstay Matte Ink in 70 (right)
Kicking it off with my favourite liquid lipsticks. These could last through the Apocalypse! Don't believe me? Try it for yourself. I also have a bunch of summer shades. Not sure if they advertise them as waterproof, but trust me, these are not only waterproof but oil proof as well. You can swim, eat, drink, anything you can imagine these can handle. Are you sold yet? 



They do dry down matte, I just took a picture straight after I swatched it. :)


NYX - Lip Lingerie in (from left) French Maid, Confident, Exotic, Seduction
These are very tricky. They are very drying, therefore I recommend only applying a thin coat or even just applying it with a finger or a lip brush. The shades are gorgeous though! 



Again, they do dry completely matte.


NYX - Matte Lipstick Up The Bass
NYX - Butter Lipstick in Moonlit Night
Purple shades are essential for this season, at least in my world. These are not liquid, therefore, they are not as long lasting. However, I still love wearing them when I feel a bit more daring and I know I'll be able to fix/reapply during the day/evening.



They appear almost metallic here, I promise it's just the harsh light.


NYX - Liquid Suede in Alien

Last but not least, my favourite of them all. The black beast. Haha! How do you feel about black lipstick? Anyone gets a point in my book for standing out. I must admit I don't wear this often (people in my country are very judgemental, don't ask). I use it mostly for Halloween looks and creative instagram looks. I do wear it out sometimes though. It is mostly matte but it bleeds out, so I'd recommend over lining your lips with black pencil liner. 




It's super pigmented. :)


If you have any products you think I need to try this autumn, let me know in the comments! 

Love,
Bonnie.xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts